as I'm sure you all have been too. Last week found us at the girl's state soocer championship games.
There is an extra leg by Laurel and # 20. Click on the picture. Do you see it?
Laurel did a great job, and they came in second (after two overtimes and two penalty rounds).
I hear it almost put Gina into labor as she wanted to go show a few players how to really play.
And our other event recently
was Gavin turning 15.
(He ate almost the whole ice cream cake over the next few days.)
Laurel custom painted his welding helmet, those are his initials all the way around the edge.
His Ag project is centered around a welding business, and Alma says he's doing great.
Little welding hat to wear under the helmet so his hair doesn't get all burned up, Laurel got one with polka dots.
But the best present was getting his truck licensed.
Now before you say, a truck for a 15 year old? Know that this is a $400 Toyota that he has been working on with Alma to get driveable, and he just welded on a bumper last night, in fact.
And this is a funny pic of Caroline,
because, well, it is just funny.
As for me, since I just had my second Dr. appt.
the good news is,
I don't have a tumor,
I don't have lesions on my brain
(my white matter looks very good the Dr. says, just in case you were wondering)
I don't have lupus, fibromyalgia, or . . .
What I do have is anemia, which is wishful thinking to hope it is the cause, said by the Dr.
and she is testing for low Vit D,
as well as an EPT (Evoked Potential Testing) that measures my nerve pathways, (from my research this is an MS test).
And from what I gather MS is still somewhat a possibility, but can't be confirmed, and sometimes takes a while (years?) for lesions to show up.
So, I do have medicine that keeps the pain around 3 out of 10, although it makes me pretty tired,
except later in the day it gets worse, and then I can take my "happy medicine" as my kids call it, or in other words, the big dogs.
I will have another brain MRI in a few months, then 6 months later, and then in a year if nothing changes. I can't even think about this still being here a year later, much less longer.






Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're being really brave as you face this mountain. I'm with you--planning for it to not be around in six months or a year from now. Poof! gone. That's what I'm hoping.
ReplyDeleteThe kids look great. Gavin's painted welding helmet is a gem. Did he name his truck? Don't tell me it's Erb.